Postdoctoral Associate- Patient Safety
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Location: Houston, TX
- Job Number: 7122528 (Ref #: 14600-en_US)
- Posting Date: Feb 1, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Patient-Partnered Diagnostic Center of Excellence (PPDCE), is seeking a Postdoctoral Associate to join our team at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, TX. The PPDCE convenes diverse scientists and patients around research questions developed and prioritized by patients yielding patient- centered diagnostic safety solutions to reduce diagnostic safety events. A critical aspect of this research is to utilize qualitative research methods to 1) gain a fuller patient-centered understanding of the needs of patients and their experiences and 2) work closely with patients and community partners to codesign tools for detecting biases and eliciting diagnostic safety reports from patients. The selected candidate will be an enthusiastic individual who is passionate about contributing to the field of health services research and patient safety.
- Contributes to all aspects of the research portfolio, including, but not limited to:
- protocol development;
- literature review and synthesis,
- sample design and management;
- design and implementation of recruitment and field procedures: collection, coding, analysis and synthesis of data, focus group moderation, preparation of project reports, project deliverables, manuscripts and grant/contract proposals.
- Contributes to the development of surveys, semi-structured interviews, and other data collection tools used to collect and analyze health services research data.
- Conducts qualitative data collection and analysis including interviews and codesign workshops with patients and family/caregivers.
- Plans, directs and conducts data collection.
- Evaluates and analyzes data.
- Establishes new research protocols and procedures.
- Summarizes research findings and publish results in research journals.
- Presents data at conferences.
- Supervises research staff.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- Experience in healthcare disparates, qualitative methods, patient safety, human factors, implementation science, or informatics.
- Must be able to work effectively with interdisciplinary teams, including having exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Must demonstrate academic productivity (e.g., conference presentations, peer-reviewed publications, federal and/or foundation grants).
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
PD; CA; CH; SN
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com