Postdoctoral Associate - Dermatology
- University of Pittsburgh
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
- Job Number: 7122350 (Ref #: pt10079)
- Posting Date: Jan 28, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
1. Investigate the mechanism of neuroimmune regulation of melanoma progression.
2. Investigate the role of ferroptosis in cutaneous diseases.
Candidate will be responsible for conducting and publishing cutting-edge research, learn new experimental techniques, collaborate with other laboratories. Candidate will be expected to work independently, stay up-to-date in the field, critically assess their results and modify/develop research plan accordingly, and present their work at research conferences.
Qualifications or Expectations:
- • PhD in Biomedical or biophysical sciences (immunology, cellular/molecular biology or similar)
• Enthusiasm for science.
• Ability to think outside the box.
• Willingness to do discovery science.
- - Doing cutting-edge reseach.
- Publishing work in high-impact scientific journals.
- Presenting work at the international conferences.
- Collaborations with top researchers in other disciplines.
- Improving writing and presentation skills.
- Career development in academia or other areas.
- Applying for independent research funding
Duties or Responsibilities:
- • Generate and maintain transgenic mouse collonies.
• Utilize in vivo mouse models to test hypotheses.
• Perform analytical cellular and molecular assays to test hypotheses.
• Mentor rotation students.
• Follow where research takes you...
Application Instructions:visit join.pitt.edu and view requisition #22010151
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com