Postdoctoral Fellow - Epidemiology & Genomic Cancer Risk and Outcome Studies
- City of Hope
- Location: Duarte, CA
- Job Number: 7122114 (Ref #: 10018320)
- Posting Date: Jan 26, 2023
- Salary / Pay Rate: $31.00 - $34.23 / hour
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes, and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope’s translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope’s specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation’s “Best Hospitals” in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds, and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
Position Summary and Essential Functions:
The Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope is looking for a talented Postdoctoral Fellow.
- Primarily dry lab genomic cancer risk and outcome studies support and activities in a matrix clinical research setting
- Leverage the extraordinary research resources of the Clinical Cancer Genomics Community Research Network (CCGCRN) and conduct research activities on related NIH-funded studies
- Develop and maintain best practice systems for clinical data and biospecimen management
- Track progress for assigned projects, and database and process improvements
- Bioinformatics; genomic data analysis
- Data management, including data analysis and data entry
- Work with a team to write scientific abstracts, manuscripts and grant proposals for translational genomic research
- Function independently and work well in a team environment
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- A Ph.D. degree in life or biomedical sciences, epidemiology or a related discipline (required)
- Knowledge and experience in cancer genomics and/or bioinformatics (preferred)
- Spanish language fluency in writing and speaking (preferred)
As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
Salary / Pay Rate Information:
Pay Rate: $31.00 - $34.23 / hour
The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate’s experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com