CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Digital Health
- Commonwealth Scientific & Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
- Location: Brisbane, Australia
- Job Number: 7121606 (Ref #: cj_90138)
- Posting Date: Jan 20, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Do you have a PhD in digital health or related discipline?
- Contribute to digital clinical support solutions for chronic conditions
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s leading scientific research organisation!
CSIRO Early Research Career (CERC) Postdoctoral Fellowships provide opportunities to scientists and engineers who have completed their doctorate and have less than three years of relevant postdoctoral work experience. These fellowships aim to develop the next generation of future leaders of the innovation system.
The successful candidate will conduct innovative research in the design and implementation of digital clinical support solutions for the management of chronic conditions. The project will have a focus on developing decision support tools for clinicians in COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) management by incorporating national COPD guidelines and evaluating the new digital solution in real-world hospital settings.
Your duties will include:
- Conducting primary research, developing study protocols, engaging in stakeholder consultation with a diverse group of clinicians, engineers, and end users, and performing analyses to derive novel insights for technical design and implementation evaluation.
- Devising strategy and assuming overall scientific responsibility for research and interpretation of results
- Contributing to research and development of digital health solutions, especially the design and evaluation of clinical decision support tools for the management of chronic conditions
- Interacting positively and working collaboratively with colleagues, partners and customers.
- Translating research outputs into high impact on-ground outcomes, including transferring knowledge to non-scientific audiences.
- Anticipating industry and/or community needs and market direction through client liaison/networking.
Location: Brisbane, Sydney, or Melbourne
Salary: AU$89k - AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as such as digital health, physiotherapy and other related medicine, nursing, design computing, implementation science, or similar. Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (full-time equivalent) of postdoctoral research experience.
- A considerable degree of originality, creativity, and innovation in solving problems and introducing new directions and approaches.
- Ability to evaluate, interpret and integrate complex bodies of information and draw logical conclusions, synthesise proposals and defend options with reasoned arguments.
- Experience in designing and implementing human participant trials, including ethical conduct in human research.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents or Australian temporary residents currently residing in Australia. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
19 February 2023, 11:00pm AEDT
We’re working hard to build a safe and welcoming culture where people can bring their whole selves to work. Valuing and enabling difference empowers our people, unlocking their potential to innovate and shape the future for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today. We're the people that stay awake solving the world’s big questions. This is true of our science and of our people. Our mission is to create benefit for Australia through impactful science and innovation but we know that that's not possible without an inclusive and diverse culture. We're working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com