Postdoctoral Fellow – Brian Gastman Lab
- Cleveland Clinic
- Location: Cleveland, OH
- Job Number: 7118859 (Ref #: ccf17511140)
- Posting Date: Dec 21, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Principal Investigator: Brian Gastman, MD
Lerner Research Institute Department: Immunotherapy & Precision Immuno-Oncology
Lab Research Topics:
- Skin cancer immunology
- Cancer signaling pathways
- Industry collaboration
- Animal model
- For more information about the lab’s research, please visit: https://www.lerner.ccf.org/citi/gastman/ or contact Brian Gastman at [email protected]
- Independent project design with the goal of data generation, analysis, interpretation and manuscript preparation
- This team member must commit to full-time employment during the training
- This team member must commit to 2-3 years of training
- Training under the program will include wet and dry lab activities, collaboration with industry partners, grant writing and manuscript preparation.
- This individual should be highly motivated, work as a team member and have excellent communication skills to work in with multidisciplinary teams
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- Medical graduates (national or international) seeking research experience are highly encouraged to apply
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
Additional Preferred Qualities
- This position is intended for individuals interested in immunology and surgical oncology.
- Ability to perform work in a stationary position for extended periods
- Ability to operate a computer and other office equipment
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information
- Ability to distinguish color
- Manual dexterity to handle specimens and repair equipment
- Ability to lift and transport equipment or specimens weighing up to 20 pounds
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals, bio-hazards, radioactive materials, etc.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Materials:
All application materials should be submitted directly via email to Brian Gastman at [email protected].
- Cover letter
- 3 letters of recommendation
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, LRI, CCF, Cancer, Immunology
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com