Post-doctoral Fellow in Applied Physics and Materials Engineering
- Institute of Applied Physics and Materials Engineering, University of Macau
- Location: Macao, Macao
- Job Number: 7118804
- Posting Date: Dec 21, 2022
- Application Deadline: Jan 31, 2023
The UM Postdoctoral Fellow schemes under the UM Talent Programme aims to attract high-calibre talents to conduct research activities to strengthen the University’s capabilities in academic research and technological innovation.
The Institute of Applied Physics and Materials Engineering (IAPME) as one of the major research institutes of the University of Macau offers a platform for a well-balanced integration of fundamental and applied research, which serves as a bridge between pure science and engineering. The interdisciplinary nature of IAPME enables realization of the different research strengths of the university in the daily engineering solutions as well as in the coping of future technological challenges. At the current stage, the key research directions include green energy, photo-electric and electro-optic conversion materials and devices, materials simulation, meta-optics and nanophotonics, and quantum biomedicine materials and their applications.
IAPME is inviting applications for the position of UM Postdoctoral Fellow on a 2-year contract basis. For more information about the institute, please refer to the website: http://iapme.um.edu.mo/
1. Holder of PhD degree or equivalent degree from top-ranked universities or disciplines (e.g., Top 200 ranked universities listed on THE/QS world ranking, or those listed under the Double First-Class Initiatives and Programmes in mainland China);
2. Holder of PhD degree for less than 2 years. Applicants with doctoral degree award expected within 6 months upon closing of application will be considered;
3. Proven record of outstanding academic achievement, including publications, patents, presentations and academic awards;
4. Current UM Postdoctoral Fellowship and Associateship appointees are not eligible for application.
A taxable annual remuneration between MOP336,000 and MOP480,000 (approximately USD41,480 to 59,250) will be commensurate with the successful applicants’ academic qualification and relevant professional experience. The current local maximum income tax rate is 12% but is effectively around 5% – 7% after various discretionary exemptions experience.
• Applicants should apply online via https://talent.rsms.um.edu.mo/login/OALogin.jsp on or before 31 January 2023;
• Required documents for application include:
1) Detailed Curriculum Vitae;
2) Academic certificate;
3) Performance summary form (template available on application system);
4) Research proposal (template available on application system); 5) Five representative academic publications.
Please upload the above documents to your online application.
The University of Macau reserves the right not to appoint a candidate.
***Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only***
Tel: +853 8822 4210