Postdoctoral Research Scholar in Intelligent Systems and Knowledge Generation
- IIHR - Hydroscience & Engineering at The University of Iowa
- Location: Iowa City, IA
- Job Number: 7118490 (Ref #: Demir 3872)
- Posting Date: Dec 16, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
We are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral research scholar to join our research program at Hydroinformatics Lab within IIHR-Hydroscience & Engineering and the College of Engineering at the University of Iowa. The initial appointment is full-time for one year with the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance and continued funding. Research will fall within the broad topics of artificial intelligence, knowledge generation and intelligent systems. The research team is open to individuals from computer science and other informatics and data science backgrounds and encourages all qualified applicants to apply. This position is available immediately and the start date is as soon as feasible. Pay is commensurate with experience.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work closely with faculty, staff, and students at the Hydroinformatics Lab (https://hydroinformatics.uiowa.edu) and IIHR-Hydroscience & Engineering (https://www.iihr.uiowa.edu), a national and global leader in environmental and fluids-related research, education, and service. The University of Iowa is one of the nation's top public research universities and is known around the world for its balanced commitment to the arts, sciences, and humanities. The University of Iowa is in Iowa City, a community built around higher education, with vibrant cultural opportunities and a long history of international connections, leadership, and accomplishment. Iowa City offers the safe, friendly quality of life for which the Midwest is known. Information regarding some of the resources that the University of Iowa and the local area provide can be found at (https://worklife.uiowa.edu)
- Ph.D. in a relevant informatics, data science or computer science field
- Established track record of developing open-source software, projects, publications, or other activities
- Demonstrated expertise in machine learning projects, NLP, knowledge generation and intelligent system development
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining RESTful APIs
- Experience with version control (e.g., git)
- Designing and developing machine learning and deep learning systems
- Running machine learning tests and experiments
- Experience in developing, testing, and maintaining reliable and scalable ML algorithms
- Able to communicate concepts and designs through sketches, wireframes, and prototypes
- Expertise with cloud services and agile development
- Proficient in relational databases (e.g., PostgreSQL)
To Apply: All qualified applicants are required to apply by providing a CV, software portfolio, code samples (i.e., GitHub account), cover letter, and contact information for 3 references at https://jobs.uiowa.edu/postdoc/view/3872. Review of applications will begin as soon as they are received and will continue until the position is filled. For additional information, contact Dr. Ibrahim Demir ([email protected]).
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth and related conditions), disability, genetic information, status as a U.S. veteran, service in the U.S. military, sexual orientation, gender identity, or associational preferences.