mmWave Sensing Postdoc
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Location: Berkeley, CA
- Job Number: 7118118 (Ref #: 71097)
- Posting Date: Dec 13, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Division: CE-Climate & Ecosystems
Lawrence Berkeley National Lab’s (LBNL, https://www.lbl.gov/) Climate & Ecosystems Division and Nuclear Science Division has an opening for a mmWave Sensing Postdoc to join the team.
In this exciting role, you will develop and implement novel sensing and networking technologies for advanced situational awareness and observations of atmospheric and geophysical properties in urban environments, as well as in natural ecosystems. The postdoc will work with a multi-disciplinary group of scientists to explore mmWave signals (e.g., in 5G networks) for field observations.
What You Will Do:
• Study environmental effects (human activities, precipitation, vegetation, etc) on mmWave propagation
• Develop and evaluate instrumentation for mmWave sensing (data acquisition, processing, and
• Develop signal processing routines and edge computing algorithms for in-situ data processing
• Conduct laboratory and field tests of the developed technology
• Ability to work as a member of a large multidisciplinary research team.
(Co-) author peer-reviewed journal articles and technical reports
Additional Responsibilities as needed:
• Mentor students and work with visiting faculty in their research at LBNL
What is Required:
• Recent Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or a related discipline.
• Experience with RF signal processing and embedded systems
• Knowledge in communication technologies (e.g., 5G) and RF propagation
• Proficiency in written and oral dissemination of scientific results
• Ability to work independently and in collaboration in a research environment
• Experience in AI/ML algorithms
• Experience in mmWave technology
Requested Application Material:
1. Curriculum Vitae and publication list
2. Statement of research experience and interests. (3-page maximum, excluding figures and references)
3. Cover letter (2-page maximum)
4. List of three references (Names and contact information)
This position will remain open until filled.
Want to learn more about Berkeley Lab's Culture, Benefits and answers to FAQs? Please visit: https://recruiting.lbl.gov/
• This is a full-time, 2-year, postdoctoral appointment with the possibility of renewal based upon satisfactory job performance, continuing availability of funds and ongoing operational needs. You must have less than 3 years of paid postdoctoral experience. Salary for Postdoctoral positions depends on years of experience post-degree.
• This position is represented by a union for collective bargaining purposes.
• Salary will be predetermined based on postdoctoral step rates.
• This position may be subject to a background check. Any convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Having a conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being considered for employment.
• Work will be primarily performed at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA.
How To Apply
Apply directly online at http://220.127.116.11/counter.php?id=246761 and follow the on-line instructions to complete the application process.
Based on University of California Policy - SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program and U.S Federal Government requirements, Berkeley Lab requires that all members of our community obtain the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as they are eligible. As a condition of employment at Berkeley Lab, all Covered Individuals must Participate in the COVID-19 Vaccination Program by providing proof of Full Vaccination or submitting a request for Exception or Deferral. Visit covid.lbl.gov (https://covid.lbl.gov/) for more information.
Berkeley Lab is committed to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA, https://diversity.lbl.gov/ideaberkeleylab/) and strives to continue building community with these shared values and commitments. Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We heartily welcome applications from women, minorities, veterans, and all who would contribute to the Lab’s mission of leading scientific discovery, inclusion, and professionalism. In support of our diverse global community, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity and IDEA Information Links:
Know your rights, click here (https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters) for the supplement: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf) under 41 CFR 60-1.4.
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com