Postdoctoral Fellow – Suneel Apte Lab
- Cleveland Clinic
- Location: Cleveland, OH
- Job Number: 7117786 (Ref #: ccf17451709)
- Posting Date: Dec 9, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The post-doctoral fellow is expected to have a strong grounding in basic biochemistry and molecular biology and will have an interest and commitment to learning and mastering proteomics and degradomics experiments and translational applications to human disease.
Principal Investigator: Suneel Apte, M.B.B.S., D.Phil.
Lerner Research Institute Department: Biomedical Engineering
Lab Research Topics:
- Proteases & Extracellular matrix
- Drug discovery
- For more information about the lab’s research, please visit: https://www.lerner.ccf.org/bme/apte/lab/ or contact Suneel Apte at [email protected]
- Independent project design with the goal of data generation, analysis, interpretation and manuscript preparation
- Project design and execution at the bench
- Scientific writing and communication
- Computational analysis
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
Additional Preferred Qualities:
- PhD in Chem/Pharma/Biochem/MolBiol/Bio
- Mastery of relevant literature
- Willingness to collaborate
- Exceptional writing skills
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Materials:
All application materials should be submitted directly via email to Suneel Apte at [email protected].
- Statement of interest and career goals
- Reference list with emails and phone numbers
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, LRI, Mass spectrometry, Proteolysis, Metalloprotease, Musculoskeletal disease, Developmental biology, Osteoarthritis, Protease inhibitors, Antibody therapeutics, Small molecules, Pharmaceuticals, Tissue biology, Proteoglycan, Biomarker, Theranostic, Inflammation
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.