Administrative Postdoctoral Fellow
- The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center
- Location: Houston, TX
- Job Number: 7116647
- Posting Date: Nov 22, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Trainees who complete the fellowship will learn how to...
1. Develop and execute educational programs-focused on enhancing postdoctoral and graduate student researchers' professional and career progression skills.
2. Collaborate with stakeholders involved in postdoctoral and graduate education initiatives
3. Explain institutional office structure and organization, and institutional policies and procedures
4. Communicate and present information to the postdoctoral community and relevant stakeholders
5. Utilize learning management systems and design websites
6. Produce surveys to collect and analyze metrics for data-driven decision making in education and training
Trainees who complete the fellowship may also learn how to...
1. facilitate orientation or one-on-one/group advising sessions to Postdocs/Postdoctoral Association
2. Prepare in-person or virtual events
3. Conduct administrative responsibilities of the Cancer Research Career Enhancement (CRCE) component of MD Anderson's P30 Cancer Center Support Grant (CCSG)
4. Network with and recruit prospective postdoctoral fellows to MD Anderson
5. Implement diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives related to postdoctoral fellow and graduate student training and career development.
Applicants must have received a PhD/equivalent or be in the final stages of PhD training with a projected completion date in the next 3 months.
PhD/equivalent must be completed before starting the Administrative Fellowship.
Applicants demonstrate leadership, extracurricular participation, and/or career planning and exploration, leading to an interest in administrative leadership at an academic institution.
While we will accept applications from PhDs/PhD candidates from multiple fields, candidates whose backgrounds or experience show strong alignment to biomedical/research training will be prioritized.
ADDITIONAL APPLICATION INFORMATION
The position will be an Administrative Postdoctoral Fellowship. It will have a yearly stipend of $63,000.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html