Cellular Engineering Postdoctoral Fellow:
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Job Number: 7116212
- Posting Date: Nov 16, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Dr. Hwu’s research is engaged in developing innovative immunotherapy approaches to trigger potent adaptive antitumor immunity to overcome resistance to cancer immunotherapy. His studies are focused on gene-modified T-cells, development of translational combinatorial therapies which include immune checkpoint blockade and adoptive T-cell therapy, and identification of targetable T-cell molecules to boost the proliferation, migration and function of tumor reactive T-cells.
• The candidate will be given the opportunities for developing new skills, professional growth, and career goals.
• The candidate will receive outstanding mentorship from expert faculty and participate in multiple academic activities.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Must have extensive practical experience with in vitro and in vivo techniques in a research lab setting.
• Experience in biomedical engineering, assay development, molecular biology techniques, and gene editing methodologies, including CRISPR technology is strongly preferred.
• Experience working with adoptive T-cell therapies, chimeric antigen receptor (CART-T) and/or transgenic T-cell receptor (TCR) development is strongly preferred.
The candidate is expected to:
• Execute genetic in vivo and in vitro CRISPR screen with our team.
• Develop chimeric antigen receptors for T-cell therapy in a mentored role.
• Work reliably with a team to execute projects, complete routine laboratory duties, and maintain excellent records.
• Design experiments, develop independent projects, and draft manuscripts
• Mentor undergraduate and PhD students, as appropriate
• Collaborate professionally and collegially with others in the lab and with other laboratories from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
• Be enthusiastic about their role in improving the lives of cancer patients
• be well-organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to effectively and reliably document protocols and experiments in ways that can be understood and replicated by others.
Credentials and Qualifications:
• Must have completed an MD or PhD in biomedical engineering, biomedical sciences, immunology, or similar field.
• Candidates with more than 2 years prior postdoctoral experience will be given preference.
• Should have at least one first author publication.
How to apply:
Please be sure to attach a single PDF file that includes a cover letter summarizing your previous research experience and accomplishments. A personal statement of scientific interests and goals, current CV with recent publications, and contact information for three references for Dr. Patrick Hwu to review. Questions regarding the position can be sent to the lab manager Ana Dominguez at [email protected]
Moffitt Postdocs are provided with Medical (Moffitt covers premium for team member) effective upon start date and eligible for Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Retirement, Parental Leave and more. You may be eligible for relocation allowance per policy. Reasons to relocate, aside from the sunshine, beaches and year-round outdoor recreation associated with the Gulf Coast of Florida, Tampa is a thriving metropolitan city, which has become a hub for ground-breaking research, welcoming individuals from around the globe. This diverse city is engulfed with rich culture, year-round activities for all, beautiful beaches, amazing cuisine and so much more. We strive for work/life balance.
If you have the vision, passion, and dedication to contribute to our mission,
then we have a place for you.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. Moffitt seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.