Postdoctoral Research Associate
- NUANCE Center - Northwestern University
- Location: Evanston, IL
- Job Number: 7116200
- Posting Date: Nov 16, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Duties of the Position: The ideal candidate will conduct the independent research work; will have opportunities to collaborate with many excellent research groups in the department of Material Science and Engineering, Chemistry, and other fields.
The ideal candidate will endeavor to develop informed and well-trained user base in advanced surface science analysis and characterization instruments; will participate in user training, hands-on technical assistance, development of professional and short-courses, and overall facility development to increase the visibility and utilization of the XPS, ToF-SIMS, and related instruments to enhance scholarly activities.
The candidate will conduct their work in the Northwestern University Atomic and Nanoscale Characterization Experimental (NUANCE) Center, lead member of the Midwest node of NSF’s National Nanotechnology Coordinated Infrastructure network; NUANCE Center houses the nation’s most comprehensive sample preparation and atomic-nanoscale characterization, fabrication, and analysis capabilities for soft, hard, and hybrid structures.
Requirements - The preferred candidate will:
• have obtained a PhD in Materials, Chemistry, or related fields within five years,
• demonstrate strong motivation, ambition and passion for academic research, teaching, grant writing and curriculum development,
• have strong experimental skill, and provide an exemplary publication record,
• Have strong communication and writing skills,
• have a strong background in surface analysis and demonstrate experience in various surface analysis methods.
The position is available immediately for two years with the possibility for extension or promotion upon satisfactory performance and mutual consent.
Candidates will send CV, 3 references, and a brief research statement (as single PDF) to: [email protected]