Post Doc Fellow_Drug Discovery Program
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Job Number: 7116180 (Ref #: hlj_41767)
- Posting Date: Nov 16, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Luca Lab at the Moffitt Cancer Center is seeking postdocs to study the T cell suppression mechanisms of next-generation immune checkpoint receptors (e.g. LAG3). We use a multidisciplinary approach that integrates structural biology with cutting edge protein engineering techniques, such as directed evolution, to develop synthetic ligands with novel signaling properties. Specifically, we are using structure-guided engineering to reprogram immune checkpoints such that they enhance, rather than inhibit, immune cell function.Position highlights:
- In addition to the research, the position will have a focus on career development including grant writing, scientific writing/presentation, mentorship of junior members of the lab, networking, and building collaborations.
- Candidates will work with a team of medicinal chemists, immunologists, and clinicians to conduct translational research in a highly collaborative environment.
- Mentoring graduate students and technicians
- Composing manuscripts and postdoctoral fellowships, assisting with grant applications
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Bioengineering, Biophysics, or a related field.
- Demonstrated expertise in protein biochemistry and molecular biology is required, and expertise in x-ray crystallography is desired but not necessary.
The Moffitt Cancer Center is a rapidly expanding, NCI-designated comprehensive cancer center that includes state-of-the-art core facilities to support basic research.
Moffitt Postdocs are provided free employee-only Medical and eligible for Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Retirement, Parental Leave and more. With a move to Tampa, you may be eligible for relocation allowance. Reason to relocate, aside from the sunshine, beaches and year-round outdoor recreation associated with the Gulf Coast of Florida, Tampa is a thriving metropolitan city with unique cultural attractions and a high quality of life. We strive for work/life balance.
Please apply online, as well as email [email protected] a cover letter, CV and the names and contact information of three references.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.