Postdoctoral Scientist - Sheyn Lab - Stem Cells & Sports Medicine
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Job Number: 7115523 (Ref #: HRC0631828E)
- Posting Date: Nov 6, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Join Dr. Dima Sheyn and his research group as a Postdoctoral Scientist in the Cedars-Sinai Regenerative Medicine Institute!
The Cedars-Sinai Board of Governors Regenerative Medicine Institute brings together research faculty and clinicians to provide a true "bench to bedside" organization. Regenerative medicine is a new and developing field that aims to restore function in diseased or aged tissues through either revitalizing existing cells or transplanting new ones. At the Board of Governors Regenerative Medicine Institute, researchers are turning stem cells into therapies for treating a multitude of prevalent diseases and conditions.
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research?
The Sheyn Laboratory focuses on the development of stem cell therapies for multiple musculoskeletal disorders caused by acute injuries and aging. The primary focus of the lab is degenerative disc disease and sports medicine-related injuries and chronic conditions. To learn more, please visit: Sheyn Research Lab | Cedars-Sinai.
The Postdoctoral Scientist works independently but in close cooperation and in consultation with Dr. Sheyn and other Research Scientists. As a Research Postdoc, plan and conduct experiments in-vitro to manipulate induce pluripotent stem cells, combined with biomaterials in bioreactors and organ-on-chip systems and will manage in-vivo regeneration applications with PI’s and lab staff’s support. The Research Postdoc will continue externally funded projects, but also will assist in developing new concepts that will be used for new grant applications.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- May assist in preparation of grant proposals, submissions, publications and presentations but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- Designs and performs experiments. Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the Principal Investigator.
- May write/modify IRB and IACUC applications.
- May mentor/train research associates, technicians, and students.
- Participation in laboratory meetings, keeping a lab notebook, performing calculations, tabulating data, summarizing methods and results of related experiments and general lab maintenance.
- Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
Doctorate (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in area directly related to field of research specialization.
Experience and Skillset:
- Acquires thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
- Works independently on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within area of specialization.
- Demonstrated aptitude to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection, and analysis and operation and maintenance of specialized equipment.
- Scheduling flexibility including evening, weekend and holiday rotation commitment may be necessary. Travel may be required.
- Function efficiently and cooperatively with a team of faculty, research associates, technicians, and students.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Knowledge of safety standards and maintenance of specialized equipment.
Working Title:Postdoctoral Scientist - Sheyn Lab - Stem Cells & Sports Medicine
Department:Regenerative Medicine Inst
Business Entity:Academic / Research
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.