Postdoctoral Associate - Oral and Craniofacial Sciences
- University of Pittsburgh
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
- Job Number: 7115298 (Ref #: pt10087)
- Posting Date: Nov 2, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
We are seeking a highly motivated, independent individual with a strong work ethic to join our team. The successful candidate will have -
Qualifications or Expectations:
- Applicants must also have strong written and verbal skills in English, as well as the ability to mentor both graduate and undergraduate students in a laboratory setting.
- Strong desire to collaborate with colleagues of different backgrounds, such as clinicians and basic scientists.
- The University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine provides an outstanding research environment dedicated to the Oral and Craniofacial Sciences. US citizens and permanent residents may be eligible to receive support from a NIH-T90 Training grant.
Duties or Responsibilities:
- Back round in human genetics, cellular and/or molecular biology and experience in DNA sequencing and cloning.
- CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing, tissue culture, immunostaining and microscopy are required.
- Doctorate degree (PhD) in the STEM fields.
- Experience in bioinformatics and big data analysis is highly desirable.
- Prior laboratory experience and an interest in conducting studies in the field of craniofacial/dental genetics