Postdoctoral Associate/Research Associate in Behavioral or Molecular Neuroscience
- University of Minnesota Medical School
- Location: Duluth, MN
- Job Number: 7115217
- Posting Date: Nov 1, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- A Ph.D. degree in Neuroscience, Biochemistry, and Molecular Biology, or related fields in biomedical sciences.
- At least two first-author research papers in neuroscience, biochemistry, or molecular biology.
- Experience in behavioral neuroscience, e.g. mouse behavior tests, stereotaxic mouse brain surgery, etc.
- Experience in molecular and cellular neuroscience, e.g. neuronal or brain slice culture, protein or RNA work, cellular signal transduction, confocal microscopy, electrophysiological recording (intracellular or whole-cell patch-clamp), or viral-mediated gene silencing, etc.
- Self-motivated, and hardworking
- Excellent scientific writing and communication skills in English
Salaries and benefits can be negotiated. The University of Minnesota Medical School was ranked 28th in National Institute of Health (NIH) Sponsored Research FY2020 and Neuroscience Department was ranked 11th by Blue Ridge Institute for Medical Research. The neuroscience community at the University of Minnesota includes nearly 100 active neuroscientists with diverse expertise. The State of Minnesota is one of the best states for family life. The city of Duluth is an inexpensive, seaport city located on Lake Superior's shore with a variety of urban amenities. To apply, please send a letter of intent, a CV with a list of publications, names, and emails of three referees to Dr. Ruifeng Cao at [email protected]