Postdoctoral Scientist - Jiang Lab - Lung Institute
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Job Number: 7115100 (Ref #: HRC1064375)
- Posting Date: Oct 31, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Are you looking to contribute to groundbreaking research? We look forward to having you join our team!
Cedars-Sinai is an international leader in biomedical research, we translate discoveries into successful treatments with global impact.
Principal Investigators, Dianhua Jiang, PhD and Paul Noble, MD, are seeking for a self-motivated Postdoctoral Scientist to join their labs!
The Jiang Laboratory focuses on cellular and molecular mechanisms of lung inflammation and fibrosis, the role of lung stem cells in pulmonary fibrosis, and the role of host defense in lung inflammation and fibrosis. To learn more about this laboratory, please visit the Jiang Research Lab website.
Research in the Noble Laboratory focuses on cellular and molecular mechanisms of lung inflammation and fibrosis, the role of lung stem cells in pulmonary fibrosis and the role of host defense in lung inflammation and fibrosis. For additional information, please visit the Noble Research Lab website.
This Postdoctoral Scientist position is available at the laboratory of Dr. Jiang and Dr. Noble laboratories at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center to investigate mechanisms of pulmonary fibrosis. Experimental approaches employed in our lab include molecular biology, genetically modified mice, lineage tracing, lung injury models, prospective isolation and organoid culture of lung stem cells, single cell RNA-seq, immunology, and genomics/epigenetics studies.
As a Postdoctoral Scientist, you will be working independently but in close cooperation and in consultation with the Principal Investigator and other Research Scientist, and will perform routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period. In this role, you may develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols. This position is not responsible for generating grant funds.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- May assist in preparation of grant proposals.
- May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Designs and performs experiments.
- Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation, and analyze the results.
- Analyzes, interprets, summarizes, and compiles data.
- Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
- Doctorate (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in area directly related to field of research specialization.
- A recent PhD or MD/PhD in bioengineering or developmental biology is preferred.
- Works independently on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within area of specialization.
- Hands-on experience in proteoglycan interaction, glycosaminoglycan interaction, collagen organization, cell-matrix crosstalk, 3D cell culture, fibrosis mechanism, organ morphogenesis, and branching and budding mechanism.
- Strong publication record in peer-reviewed journals is required.
- Acquires complete technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
Able to perform moderate lifting. Able to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods of time. Able to read papers and online documents. Able to operate standard office equipment. Able to exercise physical ability and perspective acuity to satisfactorily perform essential job functions.
Working Title:Postdoctoral Scientist - Jiang Lab - Lung Institute
Department:Home Dept - Pulmonary
Business Entity:Academic / Research
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.