Postdoctoral Scientist - Won Lab - Computational Biomedicine
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Location: West Hollywood, CA
- Job Number: 7114964 (Ref #: HRC1070242)
- Posting Date: Oct 28, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Principal Investigator, Dr. Kyoung Jae Won, is looking for a Postdoctoral Scientist to join the Department of Computational Biomedicine!
The Department of Computational Biomedicine reflects Cedars-Sinai's commitment to advancing medical discovery and the recognition of the foundational role complex data plays in our research and clinical care. We are recruiting multiple postdoctoral research fellows in the newly established Department of Computational Biomedicine at the Cedars Sinai Medical Center (CSMC). We welcome applications from highly motivated candidates who enjoy innovative thinking. Including a cover letter and publication examples are preferred, but not required.
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research?
The Won lab focuses on developing state-of-the-art machine-learning approaches to understand gene regulation, cell-cell interactions and cell competition from various types of genomics data. The candidates will engage in developing computational tools for spatial transcriptomics and single-cell multi-omics data integration.
Working independently but in close cooperation and in consultation with Dr. Won and other Research scientists, the Postdoctoral Scientist will perform routine and complex computational, mathematical, and statistical procedures throughout the training period. As a Postdoctoral Scientist, you may develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques, and protocols, as well as analyze, interpret, summarize, and compile data.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- May assist in the preparation of grant proposals, but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Designs and performs experiments. Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the Principal Investigator.
- Analyzes interpret, summarizes, and compiles data.
- Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
- May observe MD-patient or MD-human research subject interactions as it pertains directly to research being performed.
Minimum of a Doctorate degree in the area directly related to the field of research specialization required.
Experience and Skills:
- Independently works on research projects designed in collaboration with one or more mentors within an area of specialization.
- Acquires thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research projects and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
- Background in computational biology is preferred but not required. Computer scientists or molecular biologists with strong programming skills can apply.
- Demonstrated aptitude to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection.
- Knowledge of safety standards and maintenance of specialized equipment.
Working Title:Postdoctoral Scientist - Won Lab - Computational Biomedicine
Business Entity:Academic / Research
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.