- Kent State University
- Location: Kent, OH
- Job Number: 7114606
- Posting Date: Oct 25, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
for Energy Conversion, Hydrogen Generation, or Carbon Capture
Kent State University has established a Clean Energy Research Laboratory in the College of Aeronautics and Engineering (CAE). Funding (for two years) has been secured to hire a post-doctoral Research Associate in the areas of energy conversion and storage. Candidates with knowledge and experience in solid oxide fuel cells (SOFCs), hydrogen generation and/or carbon capture are highly encouraged to apply.
CAE, a leading engineering college at Kent State University (with an esteemed R1 status for research) currently offers PhD programs in Aerospace Engineering and Mechatronics Engineering. In addition to a 55,000 square feet building, a 45% new addition to the building is underway to support the fast growing areas of Aeronautics and Applied Engineering. The college has dedicated a Clean Energy Laboratory and a 3D Metal Printing Laboratory to Dr. Yanhai Du’s research on fuel cells, hydrogen and other clean energy technologies, as well as additive manufacturing. The fuel cell lab is designed to enable the evaluation of kilowatt scale fuel cells using hydrogen, natural gas, propane and liquid fuels. Application of additive manufacturing is a second stream of Du’s group research.
We are looking for candidates with strong materials science, ceramics, catalysts or chemical engineering background and with direct experience in ceramic and/or catalyst materials for SOFCs, hydrogen generation or carbon capture applications.
Essential Job Functions
• Undertake research in fuel cells, energy storage and/or hydrogen generation related areas, e.g. development of materials and fabrication process, power system design and operation;
• Analyze research data and report the findings;
• Participate in funding proposal preparations;
• Publish research work in professional journals and conferences;
• Supervise junior researchers and students;
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications Experience/Educational Requirements
• PhD in material science or related engineering
• Proven ceramic or catalyst processing experience
• Solid oxide fuel cell or hydrogen generation experience is preferred
• Catalyst reforming knowledge is a plus
To apply, email your resume and cover letter outlining your research experience and career plans to Dr. Du (contact information below). The prospective postdoc researcher is expected to be on board by no later than middle of December 2022.
Prof. Yanhai Du, Ph.D.
Kent State University
1400 Lefton Esplanade, Kent OH 44242, USA
Office phone: 1-330-672 1910
Email: [email protected]