Postdoctoral Scientist - Moore Lab - Computational BioMedicine
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Location: West Hollywood, CA
- Job Number: 7113521 (Ref #: HRC1059060)
- Posting Date: Oct 16, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Principal Investigator, Jason Moore, PhD, is looking for a Postdoctoral Scientist to join the team!
The primary goal of the Artificial Intelligence Innovation Laboratory (A2I) is to understand human health as a complex adaptive system so that we can improve the prediction, diagnosis, prevention and treatment of common diseases such as Alzheimer’s, cancer and cardiovascular disease. We take a computational approach focused on the development, evaluation and application of innovative AI, machine learning and systems approaches to modeling biomedical big data for precision health. We are particularly interested in AI methods that are accessible, explainable, fair, open, transparent and unbiased. Recent work has focused on automated machine learning (AutoML) methods which are able to bring this challenging technology to nonexperts. Our tree-based pipeline optimization tool (TPOT) algorithm and software was one of the first AutoML methods. To learn more, visit Moore Research Lab | Cedars-Sinai.
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research?
Working independently but in close cooperation and in consultation with the Principal Investigator and other Research scientists, the Postdoctoral Scientist will perform routine and complex computational, mathematical, and statistical procedures throughout the training period. As a Postdoctoral Scientist, you may develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques, and protocols, as well as analyze, interpret, summarize, and compile data.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- May assist in the preparation of grant proposals, but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Designs and performs experiments. Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the Principal Investigator.
- Analyzes interpret, summarizes, and compiles data.
- Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
- May observe MD-patient or MD-human research subject interactions as it pertains directly to research being performed.
Minimum of a Doctorate (MD or Ph.D.) in bioinformatics, biomedical informatics, biomathematics, biostatistics, computational biology, computer science, data science, engineering, or related quantitative field, required.
Experience and Skills:
- No prior postdoctoral experience is required. PhD research experience is expected with a proven track record of publications.
- Independently works on research projects designed in collaboration with one or more mentors within an area of specialization.
- Acquires thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research projects and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, evaluate, and implement computational, mathematical, and statistical algorithms and methods for the analysis of multimodal biomedical data.
- Knowledge of software version control and high-performance computing.
- Knowledge of safety standards and maintenance of specialized equipment.
Working Title:Postdoctoral Scientist - Moore Lab - Computational BioMedicine
Business Entity:Academic / Research
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.