Postdoctoral Associate - Bioengineering(#82)
- University of Pittsburgh
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
- Job Number: 7113125 (Ref #: pt10082)
- Posting Date: Sep 2, 2023
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Qualifications or Expectations:
- PhD in Biomedical Engineering, Materials Science, Polymer Science, Molecular/Vascular Biology, or related field.
- Strong background in continuum mechanics, finite element modeling, polymeric biomaterials, drug delivery, or vascular mechanobiology is required.
- Postdoctoral Associate will be expected to develop their career including having ample opportunities to secure their own funding through grant submissions
- Postdoctoral Associate will be expected to present research findings at national and international conferences.
- Postdoctoral Associate will be expected to publish results in revered tissue engineering or similar journals
Duties or Responsibilities:
- Data analysis and statistics using Matlab or R. Independence expected.
- Drafting, editing, and submission of grants. Training and guidance provided.
- Drafting, editing, and submission of manuscript including manuscript revisions and resubmission. Independence expected.
- Explant sectioning, labeling, and imaging. Independence expected
- Fabrication of delayed release microparticles and inclusion into implanted vascular grafts. Training and guidance provided.
- In-vitro assessment of vascular graft remodeling and mechanobiology using a two photon microscope. Training and guidance provided
- In-vivo assessment of a tissue engineered vascular graft using ultrasound imaging. Independence expected.
- Mechanical design and biofabrication of tissue engineered vascular grafts. Training and guidance provided.
- Surgical implantation of a vascular graft into rats and sheep. Training an guidance provided.
For more info about this position, visit:http://www.stblvandegeest.com