Postdoctoral Associate - Medicine
- University of Pittsburgh
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
- Job Number: 7113124 (Ref #: pt10081)
- Posting Date: Oct 12, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The candidate will be performing research in the area of liver pathobiology with a focus on alcohol-induced liver damage. This work is supported by Dr. Arteel's NIH grants. In addition, the candidate will perform various 'benchtop' techniques in pursuit of attaining mechanistic information towards the above-stated goals, and any other assignments that Dr. Arteel request. These techniques require highly specific skills and training. Dr. Arteel’s lab is seeking competitive candidates who have recently earned a Ph.D. and/or MD degree and possess effective written and verbal English communication skills as well as outstanding critical thinking and problem-solving skills. A Ph.D. must have a focus on molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology, pharmacology, toxicology, or a related biomedical field. Experience and skills in cell and molecular biology are required. The salary is commensurate with
experience and based on current NIH guidelines.
Applicants are kindly requested to submit their cover letter, curriculum vitae, and research statement to the University of
Pittsburgh’s Talent Center, position 22008131. The review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Qualifications or Expectations:
- Dr. Arteel’s lab is seeking competitive candidates who have recently earned a PhD and/or MD degree and possess excellent written and verbal English communication skills as well as outstanding critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Experience skills in cell and molecular biology are required. Salary is commensurate with experience and based on current NIH guidelines.
Duties or Responsibilities:
- Independently design experiments. Independently perform experimental procedures. Independent organization and time management to plan, prioritize and organize the work.