Multiple Postdoctoral Research Associate Positions
- Michigan State University
- Location: East Lansing, MI
- Job Number: 7112922
- Posting Date: Oct 10, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Research Associate will be supervised by Dr. AJ Robison. Additional guidance and training will come from senior members of the lab and collaborators.
Examples of Work Performed
• Conduct Research with the Robison Lab and faculty from the Dept. of Physiology and Neuroscience Program.
• Perform stereotaxic surgery on mice to manipulate gene expression in discreet neural circuits and measure subsequent changes in mouse behavior.
• Measure calcium dynamics of neurons using both ex vivo and in vivo mouse models.
• Use traditional biochemistry and molecular biology to uncover mechanisms regulating FosB DNA binding, oligomerization, and gene transactivation in cultured cells and in the mouse brain.
• Use Western blotting, qPCR, and immunohistochemistry to uncover changes in neuronal gene expression, activity, and morphology.
• Use next generation RNA sequencing, CUT&RUN, and TRAPseq to generate transcriptomic data from mouse brain.
• Perform ex vivo slice whole-cell electrophysiology on the mouse brain.
• Complete data entry, data management and data analyses.
• Participates in data dissemination, assist in development and writing of manuscripts for publication.
• Assist in writing grants and develop individual projects to seek independent extramural funding.
• Train and supervise junior research associates, students, and post-doctoral researchers.
• Decision Making
• Results Orientation
• Problem Solving
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or hiring range) has been established by NIH guidelines. You can review them at https://www.niaid.nih.gov/grants-contracts/salary-cap-stipends
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. Michigan State University and the Robison Lab provide generous leave, health plans, and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please email [email protected]
Michigan State University is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty, and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community, and all veterans. MSU is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
MSU is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
• Ph.D., MD, DVM, DO, or equivalent degree in Neuroscience, Physiology, Biochemistry, or a related field
Minimum requirements must be identifiable from the CV/Resume
Identifiable from the CV/Resume
• PhD-level research experience in Neuroscience or related area
• Previous experience with a demonstrated record of productivity (e.g., research publications)
• Skills in either rodent research models or in biochemistry/molecular biology
• Experience with research design, development of research hypotheses, and methods to test them
Special Instructions to Applicants: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References. Application Materials Instructions: To apply, please visit: careers.msu.edu and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications; 2. A current CV/resume; 3. List of three or more professional references.