T32 Postdoctoral Fellowship in Integrated Program in Cancer and Data Science (ICADS) – Data Science
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Job Number: 7110769 (Ref #: 59558)
- Posting Date: Sep 16, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
At Moffitt Cancer Center, we come face-to-face with cancer every day, but we also see courage. And it inspires us to be the safest and best place for cancer care – to bring greater hope to every patient we serve. It’s why we’ve been continually named One of the Top Places to Work in the Tampa Bay Area. As the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, Moffitt employs some of the best and brightest minds from around the world. Moffitt is the leading cancer hospital in both Florida and the Southeast and has been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report since 1999. Because working at Moffitt is both a career and a mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Join a dedicated, diverse and inclusive team of over 7,000 to be a part of the Courageous future we envision.
The Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics at the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center is seeking a highly motivated, independent, and collaborative postdoctoral research fellow interested in conducting exciting inter-disciplinary research. The Department currently has 18 faculty, 3 postdoctoral research fellows and approximately 25 staff engaged in a wide range of statistical and bioinformatics research and collaborations, including but not limited to, novel therapeutic and drug discoveries, prognostic and predictive biomarker developments, high throughput genomics, proteomics, next-generation sequencing data-based investigations, epidemiological studies, clinical trial designs, and personalized medicine studies. The post-doctoral research fellow will collaborate on statistical genomics and bioinformatics methodology projects, along with, collaboration on collaborative cancer research projects involving single-cell genomics and computational immunology in the study of lymphoma. Supervision and mentorship of the post-doctoral research fellow will be under the direction of Dr. Brooke Fridley, Department Chair Biostatistics & Bioinformatics, Dr. John Cleveland, Center Director, and Dr. Ann Chen, Senior Member of Department of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics.
For more information, visit our website -
- Fellows in cancer biology and data science work in unison to attack a complex biological or population scale problem, bringing together critical puzzle pieces that drive interdisciplinary team science.
- Moffitt integrates excellent patient care with cutting-edge clinical and basic research. Having a cancer hospital on-site provides unique opportunities for translational research.
- Outstanding mentorship from expert faculty with wide-ranging funded research programs including T32 Training Grants.
- You will be encouraged and supported to apply for training grants.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to work independently and with collaborators.
- Strong quantitative skills in the areas of biostatistics, statistical genomics and/or bioinformatics.
- Programming experience in statistical program R and scripting languages such as Perl/Python on Unix/Linux systems.
- Knowledge in biology or genetics is desired but not required.
- Learn research methods that directly relate to the scientific projects with limited direction and supervision.
- Collaborate on a variety of cancer and statistical/bioinformatics research projects
- Develop scientific writing and presentation skills, including grant proposals, manuscript preparation, and formal seminars presented to the Moffitt scientific community and at national scientific meetings.
- Work effectively within an interdisciplinary research team.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Successful candidates must have a Ph.D. in statistics, biostatistics, bioinformatics, computer science or related field and relevant research training and experience.
Moffitt Postdocs are provided with Medical (Moffitt covers premium) and eligible for Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Retirement, Parental Leave and more. You may be eligible for relocation allowance per policy. Reasons to relocate, aside from the sunshine, beaches and year-round outdoor recreation associated with the Gulf Coast of Florida, Tampa is a thriving metropolitan city, which has become a hub for ground-breaking research, welcoming individuals from around the globe. This diverse city is engulfed with rich culture, year-round activities for all, beautiful beaches, amazing cuisine and so much more. We strive for work/life balance.
If you have the vision, passion, and dedication to contribute to our mission, then we have a place for you.
Interested applicants should attach to the application a single PDF file that includes a current CV with recent publications, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals (2-page maximum), and contact information for three references to Dr. Brooke Fridley ([email protected]). Review of applications will begin immediately.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.