Postdoctoral Scientist - Kaye Lab - Immunology
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Job Number: 7110287 (Ref #: HRC0787441C)
- Posting Date: Sep 11, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Dr. Jonathan Kaye, Ph.D. is seeking a Postdoctoral Scientist for the Research Division of Immunology | Cedars-Sinai, Department of Biomedical Sciences at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.
The laboratory has a long-standing history of accomplishment investigating the molecular mechanisms that regulate T cell development and function. The laboratory uses murine models, including the generation of genetically modified strains, and takes advantage of access to human samples at Cedars-Sinai. Current work in the lab focuses on the investigation into the in vivo role, mechanism of action, and structure-function analysis of members of the TOX transcriptional regulator family (both within and outside the immune system and in cancer) and the development of therapeutics to target these proteins.
For more information and to learn more, please visit Kaye Research Lab | Cedars-Sinai.
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research?
Working independently but in close cooperation and in consultation with Dr. Kaye and other Research Scientists, the Postdoc will perform routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period. May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols, analyze and interpret data, and assist in preparation of grant proposals.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- May assist in preparation of grant proposals, but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Designs and performs experiments. Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the Principal Investigator.
- Analyzes, interprets, summarizes and compiles data.
- Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
Doctorate (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in area directly related to field of research specialization, required.
Experience and Skills:
- Acquires thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
- Demonstrated record of significant scientific accomplishment at the graduate or postdoctoral level.
- Solid background in immunology and/or molecular biology and/or biochemistry.
- Works independently on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within area of specialization.
- Demonstrated aptitude to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection, and analysis.
- Knowledge of safety standards and maintenance of specialized equipment.
- Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and ability to provide care/services based on the specific population.
- Demonstrates, modifies, and adapts work behavior in meeting the specific population needs such as personal, cultural, and spiritual/religious values, beliefs, preferences, and practices; age-related, cognitive, and psychosocial needs and abilities; family and other social situations; gender and sexual orientation; economic background and education (low literacy skills); communication needs – including language barriers and vision, hearing, and cognitive impairments.
- Demonstrates understanding and utilizes the chain of command as it relates to his/her own job if the Population Specific requires it
- Demonstrates understanding of Cedars-Sinai Culture of Safety.
Please send CV and contact information for references to [email protected].
Working Title:Postdoctoral Scientist - Kaye Lab - Immunology
Department:BMS - General
Business Entity:Academic / Research
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.