Postdoctoral Scientist - Martins Lab - Immunology
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Job Number: 7109317 (Ref #: HRC0523267F)
- Posting Date: Aug 30, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Principal Investigator, Gislaine Martins, PhD is looking for a Postdoctoral Scientist to join the team!
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion, and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons why we rank as one of the top hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research?
Research in the Martins Laboratory focuses on the molecular regulation of immune responses, particularly the mechanisms regulating T lymphocyte function. We are interested in identifying pathways that can be harnessed to manipulate T lymphocyte function and potentially interfere with ongoing immune responses associated with chronic inflammatory conditions. To learn more, please visit: Martins Research Lab | Cedars-Sinai (cedars-sinai.edu).
Working independently but in close cooperation and in consultation with Dr. Martins and other Research Scientists, the Postdoc will perform routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period. May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols, analyze and interpret data, and assist in preparation of grant proposals.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- May assist in preparation of grant proposals, but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Designs and performs experiments. Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the Principal Investigator.
- May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols.
- Analyzes, interprets, summarizes and compiles data.
- Performs routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period.
- Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
Doctorate (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in area directly related to field of research specialization, required.
Experience and Skillset:
- Highly motivated and works independently on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within area of specialization.
- Acquires thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
- Demonstrated aptitude to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection, and analysis, and operation and maintenance of specialized equipment.
- Knowledge of safety standards and maintenance of specialized equipment.
Working Title:Postdoctoral Scientist - Martins Lab - Immunology
Department:BMS - General
Business Entity:Academic / Research
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.