Research Specialist – Cancer Biology and Pharmacology
- University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria
- Location: Peoria, IL
- Job Number: 7108193
- Posting Date: Aug 16, 2022
- Application Deadline: Oct 28, 2022
Job DescriptionThe University of Illinois College of Medicine has a Research Specialist position open for doing cancer research (Medulloblastoma and Prostate cancer) and developing new molecular therapeutic approaches in cancer. In Medulloblastoma (MB), our lab research is focused on investigating the roles of immune checkpoints and epigenetic modifiers in medulloblastoma tumor growth and progression. In the prostate cancer research, our lab recently identified the transient receptor potential melastatin 8 (TRPM8) as a tumor suppressor and a key element in the orphan pathway for non-genomic testosterone actions. TRPM8 is a cold-sensing and Ca2+ permeable channel protein. Our long term goal is to achieve therapeutic benefit by inhibiting the desensitization mechanism of TRPM8 channel activation in prostate cancer. The candidate will also be involved in other projects in the laboratory, focusing on basic science and Cancer Biology. The successful candidates will have minimum of 3 years intensive related research experience in two or more of the following areas: cancer biology, neuroscience, electrophysiology, mouse model systems, and cellular biology.
• Manage and lead research projects for publications in peer-reviewed journals and presentations at scientific meetings.
• Formulate experimental methods and conduct research experiments and analyses.
• Prepare and write scientific findings and works for publications in peer-reviewed journals and grant applications, and present findings and works at scientific meetings.
• Participate in designing experiments, teaching students and lab personnel, and lab meeting to enhance and promote research and educational activities.
• Ensure compliance with regulations and good laboratory practice and maintain research records.
• Assist the principal investigator, collaborators and lab personnel with research and educational activities.
For fullest consideration please submit your application by 10/28/2022 at:
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity employer, including but not limited to disability and/or veteran status, and complies with all applicable state and federal employment mandates. Please visit Required Employment Notices and Posters at: https://www.hr.uillinois.edu/cms/one.aspx?portalId=4292&pageId=5705 to view our non-discrimination statement and find additional information about required background checks, sexual harassment/misconduct disclosures, COVID-19 vaccination requirement, and employment eligibility review through E-Verify.
Request an Accommodation at: https://jobs.uic.edu/request-and-accomodation/