Postdoctoral Fellow – Melanoma Research
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Job Number: 7107261 (Ref #: hlj_38934)
- Posting Date: Aug 4, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Sanjay Premi lab in the department of Tumor Biology is seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow to join the lab. We are interested in investigating the carcinogenicity of skin pigments, their role in modulating melanoma epigenetics and tumor immunology, and pigment type and amount in melanoma progression.
- Work closely with the PI to discover unique, non-classical mechanisms of drug resistance in melanoma.
- Opportunities to present and discuss the data on institutional and national platforms, and develop collaborations to successfully pursue the scientific problems in hand.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Well trained in basic cell and molecular biology methods which includes DNA/RNA manipulation, PCR, QPCR, ELISA, immunodetection, (IHC/IF/western blotting), immunoprecipitation, microscopy, and CRISPRs/siRNA/shRNA.
- Experienced in culturing and maintaining mammalian cells that includes primary cells.
- Experince with melanocytes and other skin cells like primary fibrobalsts and keratinocytes is a plus.
- Experienced in cell survival/proliferation assays like MTT and colony formation, Flow cytometry and cell sorting.
- Experience with high-throughput proteomics and genomics, and data analyses is desirable.
- Lab management and maintenance in addition to performing experiments. This includes ordering, receiving, and properly storing reagents and other lab materials.
- Design and perform experiments with a limited supervision.
- Data analyses and reporting in seminars and meetings, writing manuscripts.
- Mentor graduate and undergraduate trainees in the lab.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Candidate must have an M.D. or Ph.D. in Molecular Oncology or Molecular and Cellular Biology.
- Self-motivated and innovative individuals with a track record in the field of cancer biology and oncology, and with at least one first author publications in peer reviewed journal should apply.
- Successful candidates need to have excellent written and oral communication.
You will be eligible for benefits offered to our Team Members – Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Retirement, Parental Leave and more. With a move to Tampa, you may be eligible for relocation allowance. Reason to relocate, aside from the sunshine, beaches and year-round outdoor recreation associated with the Gulf Coast of Florida, Tampa is a thriving metropolitan city with unique cultural attractions, low cost of living and a high quality of life. We strive for work/life balance. There is funding for initial 2 years.
If you have the vision, passion, and dedication to contribute to our mission,
then we have a place for you.
Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a cover letter summarizing their research training and accomplishments, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals, current CV with recent publications, and contact information for three references to Dr. Sanjay Premi at [email protected]
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.