Postdoctoral Scientist - Innovation in Imaging / Department of Medicine / Division of AIM - Slomka Lab
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Job Number: 7106707 (Ref #: HRC0340485A)
- Posting Date: Jul 26, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion, and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons why we rank as one of the top hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research?
- Designs and executes established research projects to support the NIH project objectives under the guidance of the Principal Investigator.
- Develops and tests new image processing and software methods.
- Demonstrates current knowledge of new research techniques and protocols through scientific literature review and scientific meeting attendance.
- Presents research results at scientific meetings.
- Publishes results in peer-reviewed journals as author and co-author.
- Performs clinical validation of the study.
- Contributes to preparation of new grant proposals/studies as needed.
- PhD in Computer Science or related field required
- Proficiency in C++ programming.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Proficiency in mathematics and 3D geometry.
- Experience in image processing, interactive imaging applications and/or computer vision.
- Basis system administration skills.
- Four (4+) years of programming experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; excellent organization skills and very detail-oriented; learns new tasks quickly; self-motivated; works well independently with minimal supervision; works well with others; able to multitask.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interaction with peers, patients, physicians, and other customers of the medical center.
- Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist - Innovation in Imaging / Department of Medicine / Division of AIM - Slomka Lab
- Department: Home Dept - Noble
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.