Post Doctoral Research Associate
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso
- Location: El Paso, TX
- Job Number: 7105582 (Ref #: 29455BR)
- Posting Date: Jul 15, 2022
- Application Deadline: Jul 25, 2022
Job DescriptionPerforms specialized Post Doctoral work in the planning, conducting and/or supervision of original research. Responsible for participating in a research project associated with Ph.D. studies and the interpretation of the results of publication. Work is performed under supervision of graduate faculty members with evaluation based on accomplishment of assigned objectives and overall effectiveness of project. May supervise research and student assistants.
• Develop and implement research laboratory experiments on research aims of the designated project. Will conduct experiments on Alzheimer’s mice and mouse primary neuronal culture. Will perform, patch clamping, Flow Cytometry (FACS), ELISA, Multiplex, Immunohistochemistry, Western Blotting techniques. Will perform experiments using primary cultures from fresh brain samples. Will work on projects related to cell signaling molecular markers and epigenetics in Alzheimer’s disease. May assist in formulation of research objectives and determine the scope of methodologies of research projects and areas to be evaluated; May assist in writing manuscripts and providing feedback. May assist in providing feedback relating to research design, planning, instrumentation, statistical analysis, and reporting; works with researchers on the administration of experiments and interpretation of results for research and teaching.
• Assists the PI in designing and accomplishing the experiments, lab protocols, animal details, involved in purchasing lab supplies, maintaining lab inventories and other administrative duties such as maintaining performance reports, bio sketches, statistics, grant development and submission.
• Writing manuscript, troubleshooting experiments, presentations at internal and external meetings.
• Assist PI in coordinating and performing a wide variety of research related functions including assessments, data collection, data entry, interpretation of data and data analysis.
Minimum Hire Rate
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications.
Position Specific Qualifications
The qualified candidate must possess a Ph.D. in neuroscience, molecular biology, physiology, or a similar field. Prior experience in one of the following areas is not mandatory but preferred: MicroRNAs, Synapse biology, Alzheimer’s disease, Neurotransmission, Electrophysiology, mitochondrial biology, mouse models of disease or neuronal physiology. Must be a self-motivated, team-oriented individual with a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills.
Candidates who have experience in molecular biology, cell biology, cell and tissue culture, immunohistochemistry, Alzheimer’s mouse models, mice cognitive behavior, electrophysiology and patch clamping are preferred.
Cover Letter, Resume / CV
• Ph.D. or equivalent doctorate (e.g., D.Sc., M.D.) in area of project specialization, knowledge of modern research practices, the methods, resources, and standards thereof.
• Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
• Ability to integrate resources, policies, and information for the determination of procedures, solutions and other outcomes.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with other employees and the public.
• Ability to plan and allocate the workload of employees, providing direct training and supervision as needed.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Are select agents used in this laboratory?
Please apply on the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso online application link. Reference #29455BR.
A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Molecular and Translational Medicine-Center of Exc in Neurosciences Research El Paso