- Baylor College of Medicine
- Location: Houston, TX
- Job Number: 7101237 (Ref #: 11720-en_US)
- Posting Date: Jun 2, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Translational Imaging Group:TIGr at the Texas Children’s Hospital Department of Radiology has two openings for PostDocs with expertise with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. These positions are funded by a generous grant from the Torian-Longenbaugh Foundation. These positions are ideal for scientists who aspire to a career in biomedical research with a focus on machine learning. Project areas these scientists will work on include computational models for Alzheimer's disease and Immuno-oncology. Post-docs in these positions will (1) Develop AI algorithms for the classification of images and biomedical data (2) Perform pre-clinical and clinical data analysis in support of algorithm development (3) Perform validation and testing of algorithms against real world data (4) Provide data summaries, figures, and document parts in collaboration with PI's and project leaders to assist in the writing of manuscripts and grant applications (5) review manuscripts critically prior to submission as part of authorship requirements. These positions provide significant opportunities for training in academic research and are an excellent springboard to an independent research career.
The Translational Imaging Group is matrix-managed, and consists of 6 PI's with significant extramural funding. The group currently holds 4 NIH grants and several Foundation and Industrial grants. The post-docs will work on projects for several of the PI's, be expected to provide research updates at weekly group meetings and project meetings, and be expected to lead, or contribute to the writing of, manuscripts and grants. The position will be funded for one year initially, with continuation based on performance and availability of funds. The culture and tradition of this department encourages career advancement, former Translational Imaging Group team members have progressed to Senior Staff Scientist and all levels of faculty.
- Develops algorithms, validation and testing.
- Performs data analysis, cleaning, and deidentification per HIPAA requirements.
- Assists in hardware configuration and building as needed.
- Works with Core facilities to acquire data as needed.
- Writes data summaries, creates figures and documents parts as described by PI's and project leaders.
- Contributes to the writing, review and submission of manuscripts and grant applications as described.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- Ph.D. in an area related to the biomedical sciences, or in one of the computational sciences (mathematics, computerscience, bioengineering, or related fields)
- Experience in lieu of degree will not be accepted.
- Knowledge of at least one of Python, R, C++. Experience with Matlab is a plus.
- Experience developing computational algorithms for AI/ML
- Clinical data handling experience preferred but not necessary
- Biomedical project experience preferred but not necessary
- Experience with collaboration with other scientists
- Analytical thinking
- Project formulation and Problem solving
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com