Post Doc: Oral Microbiome
- Temple University
- Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Job Number: 7100171
- Posting Date: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Oral Microbiome Research Laboratory at Temple University (goo.gl/Tj7so2) is searching for an outstanding postdoctoral fellow to conduct research in the field of Oral Microbiome. Dr. Al-hebshi, the lab’s co-director, areas of interest include: deciphering the role of the oral microbiome in disease particularly oral cancer; developing tools to discover microbiome modulators; and exploring the anticancer and immune-modulating properties of oral bacterial commensals. The appointed postdoc will have the opportunity to work as part of an interdisciplinary research team and interact with a large network of national and international collaborators.
The candidate should have a doctorate or equivalent degree in a related field within the last 3 years and at least three high-quality publications as first author. The following experience is required:
- Microbiological techniques, including working with aerobic and anaerobic bacteria and biofilm/microbiome models.
- Molecular techniques including preparation of amplicon and shotgun libraries for next generation sequencing.
- Cell culture techniques
- Bioinformatic analysis of microbiome data (including use of mothur, QIIME, HUMAnN and relevant R packages).
- Working with animals (periodontitis and cancer models) would be a plus.