Postdoc Cancer Biology Tumor Microenvironment ECM
- Université de Sherbrooke
- Location: Sherbrooke, Canada
- Job Number: 7092582
- Posting Date: Jan 20, 2022
A post-doctoral position is available immediately for a graduated PhD candidate in life science, molecular and cell biology, biochemistry, or genetics in Dr. Jean-Philippe Brosseau lab at the Université de Sherbrooke in Canada. Our laboratory has an interest and expertise in elucidating gene expression programs involved in tumorigenesis, especially those involving cells in the tumor microenvironment. To do this, we use transgenic mouse models, "omic" technologies such as single-cell sequencing and mass spectrometry, as well as the culture of primary and cancer cells. More specifically, the postdoc will investigate the contribution of the extracellular matrix to cancer progression in the context of Neurofibromatosis type I
• To plan, execute and analyze research experiments
• To perform experiments using mouse models (colony management, genotyping, necropsy, dissection, and tissue biopsy)
• To report research findings to the research group and externally
• To lead manuscript publication
• To directly supervise graduate and undergraduate students
• To apply for fellowships
• To suggest/initiate new lines of research
• Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
• Strong experimental skills in molecular biology/biochemistry as evidenced by publication(s)
• At least one first-author paper accepted from your PhD work
• Working knowledge of English
• The candidate must have a PhD degree and is expected to be very engaged and pro-active to drive his/her project(s).
• Strong work ethic, rigor, and communication skills are required.
• Proficient in planning, executing, and troubleshooting all basic biochemistry, and cell biology technique
• Experience with mouse models is preferred but not required
• Expertise in tumor microenvironment is preferred but not required