Postdoctoral Research Associate
- University of Illinois at Chicago
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Job Number: 7092275
- Posting Date: Jan 14, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionThe Department of Kinesiology and Nutrition at the University of Illinois at Chicago seeks a post-doctoral research associate for a randomized controlled trial on Promotion of Exercise Behavior Among Rural-Residing African-Americans with Multiple Sclerosis. This position is externally funded and offered under the supervision of Prof. Robert Motl. The post-doctoral fellow will be trained in behavior change interventions, exercise training for multiple sclerosis, and telehealth, and be responsible for:
• Delivery of exercise training and control conditions involved in the study.
• Monitoring and reporting on weekly, monthly, and annual progress for delivering exercise training and control conditions involved in the study.
• Oversight of the participants involved in the exercise training and control conditions involved in the study.
• Assisting with the development and implementation of research protocols.
• Overseeing compliance and regulatory documentation.
• Other research-related duties as assigned.
• Required: Doctoral degree in kinesiology, health behavior/promotion, or related field received within the last five years
• Required: Minimum of one-year related research experience, preferably in conducting clinical research in a University research setting
Please contact Prof. Robert Motl via email ([email protected]) for more information about this position and opportunity.
The University of Illinois conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of contingent offer of employment. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit https://www.hr.uillinois.edu/cms/One.aspx?portalId=4292&pageId=1411899
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability.