Postdoctoral Fellow, Dept. of Experimental Therapeutics (Zhen Fan, MD)
- The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Location: Houston, TX
- Job Number: 7091503
- Posting Date: Jan 7, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionTwo (2) postdoctoral positions are available in Department of Experimental Therapeutics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, United States. These positions report to Dr. Zhen Fan, Professor in the Department of Experimental Therapeutics.
We are seeking talented and highly motivated postdoctoral fellows, with strong passion for translational research and interest in entrepreneurship, to join our team in following research directions:
(1) Development of novel bispecific antibodies for cancer treatment. Primary research focus is to perform hands-on experiments to assess therapeutic activities of novel bispecific antibodies in preclinical models of mouse tumors and patient-derived xenograft tumors, and to gain insights underlying the mechanism of action of the bispecific antibodies;
(2) Development of antibody-guided exosomes for RNA delivery as a novel approach of cancer therapy. Primary research focus is to perform hands-on experiments testing in preclinical tumor models to redirect host preexisting noncancer immunity against infectious diseases towards cancer via targeted delivery of relevant RNA molecules and to gain mechanistic understanding of the approach.
The postdoctoral fellows will design, plan and execute the experiments, perform data analysis, and prepare manuscripts for publication. The postdoctoral fellows will report and discuss research progress with the principal investigator, present research findings regularly in lab meetings, and attend journal clubs and research seminars.
Individuals with a PhD degree (or equivalent) in cancer biology, immunology, and/or experimental therapeutics with less than 2 year of postdoctoral experience. Experience in bioengineering and development of biologics related to immunology and cancer biology is a significant plus. Experience with rodent experimentation is required for these positions. Successful applicants should have strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects. Proven track record of publications, and excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter describing your past research experience and a curriculum vitae to Roxanna Anaya at [email protected] and Dr. Zhen Fan at [email protected] with the subject line “Postdoc Application in the Dept. of Experimental Therapeutics (Zhen Fan, MD)”
Consideration of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Stipend support will follow the NIH Kirschstein-NRSA stipend levels level for the appropriate PGY.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Department of Experimental Therapeutics