Postdoctoral Fellow - Cancer Genomics and Biology
- City of Hope
- Location: Duarte, CA
- Job Number: 7089478 (Ref #: 10014046)
- Posting Date: Apr 12, 2022
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
The Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope is looking for multiple talented Postdoctoral Fellows in Dr. Zhaohui Gu’s laboratory to pursue groundbreaking biomedical research in cancer genomics and biology. Our goal is to do the best science, while training to be the next generation of scientific leaders. Selected candidates will have the opportunity of addressing ambitious research questions in areas such as in vitro/vivo characterization of driver genetic lesions in high-risk leukemia subtypes, multi-omics (WGS/WES, RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, CUT&Tag, ATAC-seq, etc.) analysis of the biological mechanisms underlying each leukemia, single-cell level leukemogenesis and micro-environment modeling in knock-in and xenograft mouse models, etc. We offer a top-notch research environment with ideas, projects, resources, infrastructure, collaborations, and mindset for innovative research.
Responsibilities of the position will include but not limited to: in vitro and in vivo modeling of genetic alterations, customized sequencing library preparation, interpretation of big genomic and biomedical data, manuscript writing, postdoc fellowship application, and research work presentation.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Ph.D. degree in Life Sciences looking to pursue a career in biomedical research
- Background Cell/Molecular/Developmental biology, immunology, hematology, or other biomedical science are all encouraged to apply.
- Prior experience in high-throughput (next-generation) sequencing, cancer genomics/biology, molecular mechanism study, mouse modeling, etc. are highly valued.
- Applicants are welcome to submit a CV with full list of publications, a cover letter of training background and future research plans and contact information of at least 3 references.
- For more information about Dr. Gu’s laboratory and research, please visit: https://gu-lab.net and https://www.cityofhope.org/Zhaohui-Gu
- To protect the health of patients and staff and to comply with new State of California mandates, City of Hope staff are required to show proof of full vaccination by September 30, 2021. Compliance is a condition of employment.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.
Please mention you saw this ad on PostdocJobs.com