Post-Doctoral Research Fellow_Biostatistics and Bioinformatics
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Job Number: 7087632 (Ref #: hlj_33513)
- Posting Date: Oct 22, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Dr. Brooke Fridley’s Lab, at the Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics at the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, is seeking a highly motivated, independent, and collaborative postdoctoral research fellow interested in conducting exciting interdisciplinary research. The Department currently has 19 faculty, 8 postdoctoral research fellows and approximately 28 staff engaged in a wide range of statistical and Bioinformatics research and collaborations, including but not limited to, novel therapeutic and drug discoveries, prognostic and predictive biomarker developments, high throughput genomics, proteomics, next-generation sequencing data-based investigations, epidemiological studies, clinical trial designs, and personalized medicine studies. The post-doctoral research fellow will collaborate with Dr. Fridley on statistical genomics methodology projects, along with, collaboration on collaborative cancer research projects.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to work independently and with collaborators.
- Strong quantitative skills in the areas of biostatistics, statistics, Bayesian statistics, statistical genomics and/or bioinformatics.
- Programming experience in statistical program R and scripting languages such as Perl/Python on Unix/Linux systems.
- Knowledge in biology, cancer or genomics is desired but not required.
- Learn research methods that directly relate to the scientific projects with limited direction and supervision.
- Collaborate on a variety of cancer and statistical/bioinformatics research projects
- Develop scientific writing and presentation skills, including grant proposals, manuscript preparation, and formal seminars presented to the Moffitt scientific community and at national scientific meetings.
- Work effectively within an interdisciplinary research team.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Successful candidates must have a Ph.D. in statistics, Biostatistics, Bioinformatics or related field and relevant research training and experience.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate. Review of applications will begin immediately. Interested applicants should attach to the application a single PDF file that includes a current CV with recent publications, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals (2-page maximum), and contact information for three references.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.