- University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria
- Location: Peoria, IL
- Job Number: 7087226
- Posting Date: Oct 15, 2021
- Application Deadline: Nov 15, 2021
Job DescriptionThe University of Illinois College of Medicine has a Research Specialist position open for NIH-funded projects studying the pathogenesis of Alzheimer’s disease (AD) and developing new therapeutic means for AD. These projects investigate the role of the immune system in the development of AD and establish the logical basis for novel therapy using transgenic/knockout mouse models of AD. The candidates will also be involved in other projects in the laboratory, focusing on basic science and neuroimmunology. The successful candidates will have education and/or experience in two or more of the following areas: molecular biology, neuroscience, immunology, genetics, mouse and neural cell culture model systems, mouse behavior, immunohistochemistry, and viral vectors, and will be able to handle and care mouse models of human diseases.
• Collaborate with Principal Investigator and other lab personnel to conduct the assigned experiments.
• Formulate and conduct scientific experiments and analyses. Perform complex data collection and laboratory techniques. Analyze and evaluate test and research results.
• General lab maintenance and update inventory: maintain records of all the reagents, chemical inventory, mice inventory, and protocols being used, and provide general lab support as needed.
• Replicate, refine and add new research approaches based on project needs. Test, customize and implement new methods, procedures and techniques.
• Monitor project developments on an ongoing basis. Propose and implement changes as needed.
• Prepare and write scientific findings and works for publications.