Postdoctoral Fellow - Bela Anand-Apte Lab
- Cleveland Clinic
- Location: Cleveland, OH
- Job Number: 7082573 (Ref #: 133614)
- Posting Date: Aug 9, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Principal Investigator: Bela Anand-Apte, MBBS, Ph.D.
Lerner Research Institute Department: Ophthalmic Research
Lab Research Topics:
- Metabolic Research
- Mass Spectrometry
- Metabolomic Research
- For more information about the lab’s research, please contact Dr. Anand-Apte at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Independent project design with the goal of data generation, analysis, interpretation and manuscript preparation.
- Design, develop, implement and conduct experiments to accomplish research goals
- Present research findings at meetings, seminars and conferences.
- Maintain good record keeping of research activities, protocols and data.
- Prepare manuscripts for publication.
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
Additional Preferred Qualities:
- Expertise in mice and/or zebrafish models
- Sorsby’s Fundus Dystrophy
- Age-related Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Materials:
- Cover Letter
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, LRI, Sorsby’s Fundus Dystrophy, Age-related Macular Degeneration, Diabetic Retinopathy
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.