Postdoctoral Positions in epigenetic regulation of energy balance
- the Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology
- Location: Singapore, Singapore
- Job Number: 7079481
- Posting Date: Jun 7, 2021
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionWe are seeking TWO self-motivated postdoctoral researchers to join the laboratory of Dr. Feng Xu at the Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IMCB), Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A-STAR), Singapore (https://www.a-star.edu.sg/imcb/imcb-research/scientific-programmes/neurometabolism-in-health-diseases). The research in our laboratory centers on the epigenetic regulation of energy balance. In addition to the classic biochemistry and molecular biology techniques, we are increasingly focusing on the omics approaches to systematically identify novel epigenetic factors critically involved in the regulation of metabolic homeostasis. Methodologies involved are Transcriptomics (RNA-seq and Nanopore sequencing), Epigenomics (ATAC-seq, DNA methyl-C seq and ChIP-seq) and Single-Cell analyses (scRNA-seq and sc ATAC-seq). Several exciting projects are ongoing in this area in the lab. In addition, we are also interested in developing novel therapeutic approaches to treat metabolic disorders such as obesity and diabetes. Various animal models and human samples are available for investigation on the in vivo metabolic phenotypes and mechanisms. In addition, there are several Postdoctoral Positions available in our newly established Neuro-Metabolism program in the area of brain-body interactions for metabolic homeostasis. Applicants with neuroscience background are also welcome to apply.
IMCB is a leading molecular and cell biology institute in South-East Asia. It offers highly competitive remuneration package and nurturing scientific environment to young researchers. Singapore is a safe, clean and international city that features expat-friendly lifestyle to people from all over the world.
* PhD or MD degree in the broad field of biology, a successful graduate study demonstrated by first-author papers in peer reviewed international journals.
* Self-motivated, creative, and devoted to project and career goals.
* Independently carry out research work including performing experiments, analyzing
data and writing manuscript.
* Prior experience in animal studies or bioinformatics is strongly desired, but not required.
Interested applicants please enquire with a CV @ email@example.com.