Postdoctoral Associate (Ref: IRG_DiSTAP_2020_002)
- Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART) Centre
- Location: Singapore, Singapore
- Job Number: 7073384 (Ref #: IRG_DiSTAP_2020_002)
- Posting Date: Dec 21, 2020
- Application Deadline: Jan 21, 2021
Job DescriptionProject Overview
The DiSTAP programme addresses deep problems in food production in Singapore and the world by developing a suite of impactful and novel analytical, genetic and biosynthetic technologies. As a part of the DiSTAP program we will develop new sensors for crop management and deepen our understanding of plant biology. DiSTAP is one of the five Interdisciplinary Research Groups (IRGs) of the Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART). See our recent publication in Nature Plants (2020) for a detailed vision of the research programme.
We are seeking Postdoctoral Associates in the area of spectroscopy and imaging. The candidates will work on the development of advanced optical instrumentation for Raman spectroscopy, hyperspectral imaging, and remote sensing as well as develop protocols to monitor the stress response of food crops including leafy vegetables. Successful candidates will work closely with Prof. Rajeev Ram (MIT) and Dr. Gajendra Pratap Singh (SMART), and will be part of a world-class team of plant biologist and optical scientists.
• Ph.D in Physics Sciences or Engineering or relevant areas and should have a strong background in optical instrumentation and optical sciences.
• Highly motivated candidates who have demonstrated the development of spectroscopy systems, specifically Raman imaging and spectroscopy or hyperspectral imaging are preferred.
• Candidates with additional experience in the application of optics to biology or agriculture are preferred.
• Ability to collaborate, work in teams and interact with industrial collaborators.
• Good command of written and spoken English.
To apply, please visit our website at: http://smart.mit.edu/careers/career-opportunities. Interested applicants are invited to send in their full CV/resume, cover letter and list of three references (to include reference names and contact information). We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.