Post-Doctoral Research Associate, Neurodegenerative Diseases
- University of Illinois At Chicago
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Job Number: 7072188
- Posting Date: Nov 16, 2020
- Application Deadline: Dec 16, 2020
Job DescriptionJob Title: Post-Doctoral Research Associate, Neurodegenerative Diseases
Reports to: Principal Investigator (Dr. Mary Jo LaDu within the LaDu Laboratory, Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, College of Medicine)
Supervision (May supervise any or all of the following): Doctoral and Medical Student Trainees, undergraduate students, and technical research staff
This position of research scientist focuses to serve the development and application of scientific techniques to address the cause of the increased risk for Alzheimer’s disease in females who carry the APOE4 gene.
• Design specific treatment paradigms to determine the effect of therapeutic targets for Alzheimer’s disease (AD) in a mouse model of AD.
• Performs experiments for biochemical and immunohistochemical analysis using mouse models and human tissue samples.
• Develop and test protocols for various imaging techniques in mouse sections.
• Knowledgeable in compound delivery via various routes such as intra-peritoneal, intra-thecal, oral gavage and sub-cutaneous method.
• Oversee experimental design development and implementation, analysis and interpretation of data, and manuscript preparation in collaboration with senior research faculty and research staff.
• Work with postdoctoral fellows, mentor doctoral and medical student trainees and undergraduate students; participate in the oversight of laboratory activities.
• In collaboration with the PI, write grant applications for extramural funding; prepare and submit research reports describing findings.
• Author publications in peer-reviewed journals and presentations of papers to professional societies.
Job Knowledge & Skills, Education, Experience
PhD or MD in Biomedical Science, Cell Biology, Biochemistry or related degree/field required. A minimum of three years’ related research experience required.
General lab and office environments. Requires sitting for extended periods of time, standing, visual acumen, manual dexterity and familiarity of all software required for the maintenance, analysis and presentation of data and text pertaining to each project the applicant oversees.
To Apply: Please submit CV, cover letter, and 3 references to: email@example.com
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit https://www.hr.uillinois.edu/cms/One.aspx?portalId=4292&pageId=1411899