T32 Postdoctoral Fellowship - Integrated Program in Cancer and Data Science (ICADS)
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Job Number: 7071734 (Ref #: 35697)
- Posting Date: Nov 3, 2020
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionThe Moffitt Cancer seeks highly-motivated postdoctoral fellows with backgrounds in either cancer biology or data science to participate in an three-year NCI-funded training program.
The Integrated Program in Cancer and Data Science (ICADS) at Moffitt serves to train the next generation of leaders in Cancer and Data Science. Over thirty faculty members, who work together at the interface of cancer research and data science, serve as mentors and co-mentors. The program is cross-disciplinary, spanning every Division at Moffitt including: 1) basic science; 2) population science; 3) clinical science; 4) translational science; and 5) quantitative science. Postdoctoral trainees in the program are paired into training teams that design a mentored research project that addresses a critical issue in cancer utilizing data science approaches (e.g., biostatistics, statistical genomics, bioinformatics). In addition to research, the Program includes structured coursework, taken as appropriate, and is supplemented by participation in many career development activities. To learn more, visit - moffitt.org/ICADS
The Ideal Candidate:
• Strong academic record in relevant fields of study.
• Concrete evidence of research productivity and scholarship.
• The ambitiuon of become an independent investigator.
• Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to work independently and with collaborators.
• Learn research methods that directly relate to the scientific projects with limited direction and supervision
• Collaborate on a variety of cancer and statistical/bioinformatics research projects
• Develop scientific writing and presentation skills, including grant proposals, manuscript preparation, and formal seminars presented to the Moffitt scientific community and at national scientific meetings.
• Work effectively within an interdisciplinary research team.
Credentials and Qualifications:
• Cancer Biology applicants must have a terminal (PhD) degree in Cell/Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Genetics, Medicine or related field and relevant research experience.
• Applicants must be U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents. Individuals on temporary visas are not eligible.
Stipends and benefits are highly competitive. Relocation assistance is offered to candidates relocating to the Tampa Bay area. Tampa was recently named an “urban gem” and the “Best City in the Southeast” by Money magazine. Aside from the sunshine, beaches, and year-round outdoor recreation associated with the Gulf Coast of Florida, Tampa is a thriving metropolitan city with unique cultural attractions, low cost of living, and a high quality of life. https://www.visittampabay.com/
To apply: Please send cover letter defining your interests in the program, a CV/resume and contact information or three references. Inquiries and applications should be sent to Dr. Douglas Cress (email@example.com).
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.