Postdoctoral Scholar Position in Nanomedicine/Drug Delivery/Nanomaterials/Imaging
- Oregon State Univiverity
- Location: Portland, OR
- Job Number: 7071582
- Posting Date: Oct 29, 2020
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionA position of Postdoctoral Scholar is immediately available in Taratula’s lab (College of Pharmacy, Oregon State University, Portland, OR) for a highly motivated individual for developing novel nanomaterials / delivery vectors for gene /drug/imaging agents delivery for diseases treatment. The successful candidate will synthesize and characterize new materials aiming at developing effective delivery nanosystems. A background in either synthetic/polymeric chemistry, nanotechnology, and pharmaceutics is preferred.
We are located at the SW Waterfront of the Robertson Life Sciences Building in Portland, OR that houses scientists from OSU, OHSU and PSU. Research in our lab heavily involves interdisciplinary collaborations, including clinicians.
Dr. Taratula is committed to the career development of his team members to become independent scientists.
To receive full consideration, interested applicants should send cover letter, their CV, research summary describing your immediate and long-term research accomplishments and goals (optional), and contact information for three references to Dr. Oleh Taratula at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 1, 2020.
Synthesize and characterization of novel materials (inorganic nanoparticles, polymers, dendrimers, lipids, and organic macromolecules) for nano-delivery vehicles.
Nanomaterials characterization and evaluation in vitro and in vivo.
Work in a team of undergraduates, graduate students, and postdocs in the lab.
15% Reports, Manuscript, & Proposal Preparation:
Maintain detailed records of data obtained in the laboratory. Prepare reports and manuscripts. Assist in proposal preparation.
5% Laboratory Maintenance:
Maintaining critical laboratory equipment, lab inventory, and oversee lab safety.
Minimum or Required Qualifications
• PhD in Chemistry, Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Materials Science, Biomedical Engineering, or related discipline.
• Ability to effectively analyze data and communicate in both written and spoken English.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Experience with chemical synthesis and characterization
• This position is designated as a critical or security-sensitive position; therefore, the incumbent must successfully complete a criminal history check and be determined to be position qualified as per OSU Standard 576-055-0000 et seq. Incumbents are required to self-report convictions and those in youth programs may have additional criminal history checks every 24 months.
• Experience in in synthesis of inorganic nanomaterials /or synthetic polymer chemistry is highly preferred
• Experience in drug delivery and nanomedicine is preferred
• Strong background in inorganic/organic chemistry, polymer chemistry, and /or lipid chemistry
A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity
Position appointment percent:
Anticipated appointment begin date:
December 1, 2020
Anticipated appointment end date:
November 30, 2023
Full consideration Date: Review of applications will begin November 20, 2020 and continue until the position is filled