Postdoctoral Fellow - Laboratories of Neuroimmunology - MD Anderson Cancer Center - Symptom Research department (Dr. Dantzer)
- The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center
- Location: Houston, TX
- Job Number: 7071470
- Posting Date: Oct 28, 2020
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionPosition/Program Description:
A position is open for a post-doctoral researcher with a strong background in behavioral neuroscience and neuroimmunology to join the Neuroimmunology lab at MD Anderson Cancer Center. Applicants should hold (or soon receive) a Ph.D. in neuroscience or a related discipline. The research project will study the role of inflammation and mitochondrial dysfunction in depression and fatigue using animal models of inflammation and cancer. Experience working with mice and a background in neuroscience, behavioral pharmacology and/or neuroimmunology is preferred. The position is available December 1, 2020.
• Immunohistochemistry and microscopy studies on brain and other tissues.
• Behavioral assays of fatigue and motivated behavior.
• Work with genetically modified mice.
• Live-cell imaging of neuronal/immune cell physiology.
• Isolate and run biochemical experiments on protein & RNA isolated from mouse tissues
after cell separation when needed.
• Perform pharmacological manipulations in vivo.
• Prepare and write manuscripts for publication.
Applicants should hold (or soon receive) a Ph.D. in Neuroscience or a related discipline. Experience with rodent behavioral testing is preferred but not required. Successful applicants should be highly self-motivated, have outstanding experimental skills, and be able to think independently but also work well in a team.
For further information you should contact Birute Ziemiene (email@example.com).
Diversity and inclusion at MD Anderson are not just important; they are essential. We take an expansive view of diversity, considering differences in race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender and religious beliefs, as well as communication styles, thought, skill and ambition. We constantly examine our culture to create an inclusive working environment that effectively attracts, retains, develops and utilizes the skills and talents of all employees. Our Diversity Council develops strategies to attract and retain superior talent and enhance workforce diversity and inclusion. We also offer multiple diversity training programs to our employees.