Postdoc Positions in Molecular Mechanisms of Parkinson’s disease
- University of Connecticut School of Medicine
- Location: Farmington, CT
- Job Number: 7071387
- Posting Date: Oct 25, 2020
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionTwo postdoc positions are available immediately in the Laboratory of Dr. Yulan Xiong at Department of Neuroscience, University of Connecticut School of Medicine (UConn Health). The research positions will be working on the molecular pathophysiology of Parkinson's disease projects. Our lab uses various model systems including yeast, Drosophila, mice, primary and human neuronal cultures. The general approach in our lab is to use a powerful combination of genetics, molecular biology and behavioral analysis to decipher the molecular mechanisms underlying neurodegenerative diseases in humans. Our research is currently supported by NIH, private foundations and UConn Health.
* In vitro molecular and cellular study of gene function in Parkinson's disease: dissect protein functions and cellular pathways
* In vivo Parkinson disease modeling: develop fly, mouse and human dopamine neuronal models
Postdoctoral fellows receive competitive salaries and benefits according to NIH standard.
Interested applicants please submit an application to Dr. Xiong at email@example.com along with a cover letter, CV and contact information for three professional references.