Postdoctoral Associate (Ref: IRG_LEES_2020_007)
- Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART) Centre
- Location: Singapore, Singapore
- Job Number: 7071356 (Ref #: IRG_LEES_2020_007)
- Posting Date: Oct 23, 2020
- Application Deadline: Nov 24, 2020
Job DescriptionProject Overview
SMART LEES is developing a proprietary CMOS + III-V integration platform for electronic and photonics applications. Our technology takes advantage of superior properties of III-V materials and devices. We are recruiting a postdoctoral research associate to carry out reliability studies of compound semiconductor devices on silicon substrates. In this role, the successful candidate will carry out accelerated lifetime testing and failure analysis of LEDs, HEMTs and other devices to understand degradation mechanisms, develop reliability models, and identify strategies to improve the device reliability.
• Develop reliability testing techniques and methods
• Carry out accelerated life-time testing
• Carry out root cause failure analysis
• Develop physics-based predictive reliability models for lifetime prediction
• Influence design, process, product, test and/or system solutions to improve device reliability
• A PhD degree in Materials Science/Engineering, or a related discipline.
• Experience in semiconductor reliability, preferably with compound semiconductor devices (e.g. LEDs and HEMTs)
• Experience with a range of measurement and failure analysis techniques such Focused Ion Beam sample preparation, Transmission Electron Microscopy and Microanalysis, and Photon Emission Microscopy
• Experience with electrical characterization techniques and reliability testing
• Familiarity with semiconductor device physics is advantageous.
• The candidate must work well in a team, and be able to communicate with LEES researchers working in different disciplines.
• The candidate should, given an overall program objective, expect to deliver results within a timeline and also with minimum supervision.
• The candidate should be able to begin employment as soon as possible
To apply, please visit our website at: http://smart.mit.edu/careers/career-opportunities. Interested applicants are invited to send in their full CV/resume, cover letter and list of three references (to include reference names and contact information). We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.