POSTDOCTORAL DIVERSITY AND INNOVATION SCHOLARS
- University System of New Hampshire
- Location: Durham, NH
- Job Number: 7070954
- Posting Date: Oct 13, 2020
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionSummary of Position
The University of New Hampshire (UNH) is proud to launch the Postdoctoral Diversity and Innovation Scholars program designed to support the professional development, excellence, diversity and inclusion of underrepresented groups of postdoctoral scholars through a nationally competitive application and selection process. UNH is exceptionally poised to provide a unique two-year professional development experience tailored to the needs of our postdoctoral scholars that can help prepare them to apply for subsequent tenure track faculty positions.
Postdoctoral positions are available in the following disciplines:
• Brain Imaging / Neurosciences
• Earth and Environmental Sciences
• Engineered Water Systems
• Engineering Education
• Fluid Mechanics, Materials Science, Ocean Engineering, or Systems and Controls
• Study of Occupation to Support Occupational Therapy
• Women and Gender Studies and Geography
The UNH professional development model includes nationally recognized faculty development programs and specific experiences such as an ongoing mentored research experience with a senior faculty member in an academic department, and participation with junior faculty in both the summer-long UNH Writing Academy, and the semester-long UNH Research & Engagement Academy. As part of these Academies, scholars will also work closely with a scholarly coach, have resources to visit federal agencies, participate in monthly cohort-based experiences with experts and leaders across the campus and nationally. In addition, scholars will gain access to workshops on teaching and learning offered by the Center for Excellence and Innovation in Teaching and Learning.
The University of New Hampshire is committed to creating a more diverse academic community, knowing that inclusion, diversity and equity are values inextricably linked to educational excellence. Diverse scholars strengthen our ability to reach the individual and collective potential for all faculty, staff, students and the society we serve.
Additional Job Information
Please be prepared to upload the following:
• Cover letter addressed to Executive Director of Engagement and Faculty Development
• Curriculum vitae
• A statement of research plans (2-3 pages)
• A personal statement of your commitment to diversity and equity in your discipline (1–3 pages)
• Writing samples (one or two examples, 30 page cumulative maximum, e.g. article, chapter, dissertation chapter)
• Contact information for 2-3 references to provide confidential letters of recommendation.
Posting Number PF0410FY20
Acceptable Minimum Qualifications
Applicants must have completed their doctoral degree or terminal degree in their field within the past five years, and by July 1 of the award year.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
The University of New Hampshire strongly encourages applications from individuals that have experience, background and/or scholarship that will contribute to the diversity of the campus community.
Salary is complemented by a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, retirement, tuition, and paid time off.
The University of New Hampshire is unable to sponsor applicants for employment visas for these positions.