Machine Learning Postdoctoral Fellow in Medical Imaging Research
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Job Number: 7070495 (Ref #: hlj_27482)
- Posting Date: Oct 1, 2020
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute is the Florida’s only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center located in Tampa. We strive to be the leaders in understanding the complexity of cancer through team science with multidisciplinary experts from the oncological sciences, basic biology, informatics and machine learning/big data technologies to enable greater insights to improve diagnosis and management of the disease. Be part of the cure by joining Moffitt’s team of over 1000 researcher faculty scientists, career staff scientists, postdoctoral researchers, graduate students and support staff who are dedicated to cancer research.
Summary about the lab and department:
We are a dynamic research group of multi-disciplinary researchers with a focus to understand cancer biology using imaging, informatics and deep learning approaches. Groups interest are in using high throughput technologies (omics, radiomics) to understand the disease biology and develop models to detect and monitor disease progression and staging. Imaging modalities of interests are broadly in CT, mpMRI and digital pathology.
Division of Quantitative Sciences has over 25 faculty members, 25 staff researchers, postdocs and students spread across the Departments of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics, Integrated Mathematical Oncology and Machine Learning.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Strong quantitative skills in the areas of quantitative imaging, data sciences, bioinformatics.
• Strong written and oral communication skills. Knowledge in medical imaging, cancer biology, genetics desirable.
• Strong worth ethics that includes ability to work independently and in collaborative environment.
• Proficient in programming languages – python, C/C++, MATLAB, R and working in diverse environment – unix/linux, windows, mac.
• Learn and Implement research methods that are required for the scientific projects with limited direction or supervision.
• Collaborate with diverse team of expertise in data sciences, oncologist, biostatisticians and work on a variety of cancer projects.
• Develop scientific writing and ability to cohesively present research findings for grant proposals, research papers and scientific presentations.
• Work to develop research projects and support team work.
Credentials and Qualifications:
• Successful postdoctoral candidates must have a Ph.D. in Engineering (electrical, computer science), Data sciences or related fields with interest in Medical Imaging and relevant research training and experience.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate. Relocation assistance is offered to candidates relocating to the Tampa Bay area.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Interested applicants should attach to the application a single PDF file that includes a current CV with recent publications, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals (2-page maximum), and contact information for three references to Dr. Yoga Balagurunathan (Yoganand.Balagurunathan@moffitt.org).
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.