Post Doctoral Associate
- University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Location: Worcester, MA
- Job Number: 7070219 (Ref #: R22819753)
- Posting Date: Sep 23, 2020
- Application Deadline: Nov 23, 2020
Post- Doctoral Position
Location: University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA
Opportunity for an outstanding Post-doctoral applicant with possible career advancement: statistical genomic analyses, gene discovery and function, meta-analyses. Individual will conduct analyses of large datasets, write manuscripts, and present at scientific meetings.
Conduct analysis of genotype and sequencing data, gene-environment analyses, and meta-analyses. Interface and actively collaborate with other researchers.
Disciplines: Genetic Epidemiology, bioinformatics, statistical genetics with strong quantitative skills.
Ph.D. in quantitative genetic-epidemiology, statistical genetics or bioinformatics and
• 3+ years-Skill (Preferred), experience and good working knowledge of genetic databases and websites, as well as computational programs such as Operating Systems (e.g. UNIX, LINUX, Windows); Scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Python, Bash, Tcl); Programming languages (e.g. Java, C/C++) and statistical programming (R or MatLab), PLINK, SAS.
• Proven ability to analyze human genome-wide data
• Record of high-quality publications and oral presentations preferable.
• Thorough knowledge of principles and techniques used in genomic research projects including knowledge of potential biases, population structure and how to assess them in study design and analyses.
• Experience in programming biology-related software for data mining (e.g. genome sequences) required
• Self-starter and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills
• Team player, willing to teach and share
Highly qualified candidates will have:
• Hands-on experience in large-scale data analysis
• Experience in statistical computing
• Understanding of basic molecular biology
• Ability to manage and steer research projects
• Ability to prepare manuscripts for publication in top tier journals
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
Apply Here: https://www.Click2apply.net/w577zd4m4zn45sx6